[P2P-F] Thrashing the p2p foundation

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Tue May 31 07:20:43 CEST 2011

Thank you Michel, this is a good reply.  It informs me and i spent almost 2 hours with miles fidelman on the phone yesterday. I suppose you would say Mlles and I are of the same internet generation.  We met in 1991  while i was employed by the long defunct uS Congress office of technology assessment on doing a policy analysis of al gore's ideas fro a national research and education network.

having heard directly from miles  what you are responding to here what you have written puts the issues well in focus.

I like the phraseology with which you reply... It is a process of feeling our way in the midst of chaos and miles as an inside techie engineer in the 80s and 90s which i never was will be satisfied by things very different from what makes you and i happy.

IO have been reading the next net list  more closely now that my r and e book project is  done and falling on deaf ears as far as i can tell.  I would like to see the would be next net builder list a series of requirements.... that is to say what exactly to they want to build?  Like a wireless mesh?  Ummmm ok.  How will it function who will it reach?  What kind of traffic will it carry where.... under what conditions.  How will it cross something like an ocean.

what is it that you are going  to build????    If someone would t6ry to put some functional specifications together it would i think be very helpful for the understanding of the rest of us.

I think i am as alienated as anyone here by the corporatist betray of what5 once was the so called middle class.

There for I took my readings from here added them to John robbs global guerrillas and the like  and build a strongly anti-capitalistr corporatist framework around an otherwise quite technical subject.

US UCAN was not designed as i would have  folk use it. It was designed for stability rule and control of the washington power structure, I am beginning to think that my framework may have killed the rest of what i was trying to do because all these network collaboration science builders need government money and corporate grants to continue..  I guess i am finding out what the rest of you know quite well and that is taking an iconoclastic view of this stuff is a very risky business.