[P2P-F] Open Decentralized Society

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Mon May 30 22:09:51 CEST 2011

   I would like to inform you of a project I just started. It aims at
decentralizing the flow of information. What this means is solve a very
simple problem. Every day, each of us receives a lot of information. How do
we evaluate their trustworthiness; Due to our necessary specialization to a
specific kind of knowledge, we use our limited knowledge to evaluate the
person rather than the information, ie we try to find people that are
trustworthy rather than try to understand the subject we are not proficient
with. But this leads us to the problem of whether we are able to evaluate a
person we dont know.

   This project aims at solving this problem. By automating the word of
mouth phenomenon, each person will be able to use friends of friends to
judge that person instead of trying without result to judge him himself.
This will give each person personalized information based on his trust
relations, giving him full control of the flow of information he accepts ot
rejects.

  I am looking forward at having someone review my ideas and proposing me
with suggestions. I have looked at the problem from a mathematical point of
view, but the most important concepts require a sociologist as you will
understand by reading my idea.

You will find my idea at http://opensociety.referata.com . If you think you
can help, dont hesitate to contact me.

ps. I have also created a new Economic model that could be the economic
basis for the Open Hardware and Manufacturing movement, but I will disclose
more information after someone has reviewed the previous.

Yours,
Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis