[P2P-F] Eviction of #acampadabcn

Amaia Arcos amaia.arcos at googlemail.com
Fri May 27 12:53:39 CEST 2011

Sure, no worries, I'm in. What email address do I send stuff to so that I
don't end up spamming people unnecessarily?

I agree with Michel, to me this looks like something big could come out of
it. I'd never dreamt of what is happening when I started "being a pain"
about the need to go out on May 15th in Spain. I was only hoping for a
decent turnout that day. Italy happily obliging within a couple of days and
then Greece and then this #europeanrevolution being organised for Sunday is
a massive surprise. I thought Europe was dead, there might be hope o.O

On 27 May 2011 09:24, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Chris,
>
> in a short intro to a piece on spain, I wrote the following endorsement, so
> I think we should follow this very closely and support this evolving global
> movement to the best of our abilities,
>
> I hope you can be our point man, perhaps with Amaia as pointwoman, in
> Spain, I think her storyify format would be great for regular updates ...
>
> I also copying vasilis and George in Greece, in the hope they can
> contribute stories about how this develops in Greece,
>
> Michel
>

> **
>
> When people agree on what they don't want, i.e. a market dictatorship in
> the hands of a financial predatory class, but are open-minded about the
> future, what should they ask for?
>
> The answer is very simply: true democracy, as this leaves all options open
> to create 'other worlds'.
>
> This is why the relative indeterminacy of the Spanish movement is not a
> bug, but a feature. It signals civil society forces have found a format for
> their protests, and a unifying platform, and this is why what happened in
> Spain is really Ground Zero for the start of a process towards deep
> transformation of our civilisation and political economy. It's early days,
> just green shoots, and the new generations have to be politically schooled
> as they face obstacles and repression, but, the tipping point has been
> reached, and something new has blossomed in the world.
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Chris Pinchen <chris at cataspanglish.com>wrote:
>
>> Right now police are violenty evicting the camp in Plaça Catalunya using
>> the excuse that they need to clean the square for a football celebration
>> tomorrow. People arriving are occupying the surrounding streets and are
>> being clubbed by riot police who do not have id badges visible. the campers
>> are calling for more camps this evening
>>

>>   *Chris Pinchen*
>> http://cataspanglish.com
>> http://twitter.com/cataspanglish

“We would think and live better and be closer to our purpose as humans if we
moved continuously on foot across the surface of the earth” Bruce Chatwin