[P2P-F] Fwd: DEMlab BCN: laboratoire de démocratie/laboratorio de democracia/democracy laboratory

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:16:26 CEST 2011

*DEMlab BCN: democracy laboratory*

political leaders of all stripes as a solution to the crisis, Spanish youth
are mobilising for major social innovation  in a break with capitalism.  The
way forward may still be vague, but the point of departure is clear: a
radical renewal of ‘actually-existing’ democracy, where  utilitarianism is
the basic principle, democracy is for the rich and breeds corruption, social
exclusion , destruction of the environment, democracy with all its green,
pink, security and magic solutions, all with technological answers as a way
out of the impasse in order to ”securely” return to business as usual.
These
young people have a very different reading of the world and of the
fundamental crisis of civilization we are going through. Undoubtedly as
surprised as anyone by the massive - and intergenerational - response to
their call, they are now faced with writing a new page of history, nothing
less. But they do have at least one important asset: unemcumbered by ties,
they have demonstrated their capacity for initiative and innovation and
their inherent desire to create. And you? and me? and all the rest of us?
Where are we?

Alain Ambrosi

Impressions recorded on my mobile Plaza Catalunya de Barcelona from May 16
to 20 and edited by Daniel Torrico.

( DEMlab refers to the multiple
"livinglabs<http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_lab>",
"fablabs", "citilabs" and now a "mandalab"in Montreal which
are citizen-centered innovation spaces with NTIC)