[P2P-F] Fwd: [P2P-Coop] Coop update - Ars Electronica FTW!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 11:44:06 CEST 2011

James,

when is a good time to publish this on the blog(s) ?

congratulations guys!!

From: james burke <lifesized at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 23, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Subject: [P2P-Coop] Coop update - Ars Electronica FTW!
To: P2P Coopertive core team <p2p-coop at lists.ourproject.org>

Dear Mr. Burke!

I tried to contact you several times without any success. I hope you receive
this e-mail. It is our great and special pleasure to inform you, that the
jury of *[next idea] grant *category of Prix Ars Electronica 2011 has
selected your work: "*Choke Point Project*" for the *[next idea] grant*!
Congratulations! We are very, very happy about this decision!

We would like to invite you already to join us here in Linz for the Award
Ceremony, but also for the Artist's Talks in the Prix Ars Electronica Forum
during Festival Ars Electroncia (September 1-6, 2011).

The winning projects will be presented to the press expected at the 26th of
May, 2011. Because we need some time to inform all the winners of Prix Ars
Electronica and to prepare the press kit and press statement, we kindly ask
you to keep secret about the award till the press conference. We know, that
that is a big challenge, but still … J

I also already have to bother you with some organizational matters. May I
kindly ask you to read them carefully and provide me your credits:

First of all,  I’d like to ask you for your confirmation on the credits. If
you please confirm them until the* 20th of May*. We need a short version
(f.i. for the presentation on our website) If you wish to add a longer
version, which can only be included in our catalogue, please send this also
to me. Please also add, which URL you want us to mention, in case there is
none yet.

*[the next idea] voestalpine Art and Technology Grant***

Choke Point Project

P2P Foundation (NL)

Chris and I are following up on this.
and note that we cannot go public on this award till after press release!

/J

--
Web: www.lifesized.net  Phone:+31 (0)6 5244 6445 Twitter: @lifesized