[P2P-F] OHANDA

Christian Siefkes christian at siefkes.net
Mon May 16 12:45:19 CEST 2011

Hi Michel,

On 05/09/2011 02:08 PM, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> hmm ... seeing this, Twibright Sex Cream skateboard bearing lubricant
> <http://ronja.twibright.com/sexcream.php>, does not exactly inspire
> confidence ..

just a strange name. I don't think Ohanda should exercise some kind of
content control over registered products, as Apple infamously does. Just
checking that they fulfill the formal conditions for registering (real open
hardware) should be sufficient. On that note, however, I'm not sure the
product qualifies, as it just seems to be a recipe, not an actual, physical
product.

> about 350 projects here at http://p2pfoundation.net/Product_Hacking

Ohanda is about products with voluntarily register with Ohanda and agree to
place the logo on manufactured products, therefore it will always be smaller
than product collections that don't require any kind of "opt-in" from the
producers. Below I forward the newest update re the state of Ohanda, by
Juergen Neumann.

Best regards
	Christian