[P2P-F] bay area infinite game initiative

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 12:27:28 CEST 2011

http://blogofcollectiveintelligence.com/2011/05/07/on-the-way-to-conscious-humanity-the-infinite-game-of-regional-metamorphosis/

Dear Sepp and friends, concerning my facebook request for an article on the
above initiative,

seems like George has already given a good intro account of it, perhaps we
can republish this in our blog as well, pending any more elaborate treatment
if necessary,

George, can we republish your article, perhaps by copying the source code,
it would be post-dated May 16 or after,

I feel the 3-stage change strategy outlined below is also what drives the
work at the p2p-foundation

Michel

*Current State* — Isolated “Imaginal Souls”
There are thousands of commitment-ready infinite players (Distinctionary) on
this planet. They are scattered throughout all sectors and geographies. For
the most part they feel isolated and constrained. All have experience with
“immune systems.”

*Interim State* — *Connecting the Dots*
Our strategy is simple: Using the Bay Area as our practice field, we find
ways to “clump and cluster” in the service of spawning and supporting
generative initiatives of all kinds in all sectors. As we weave a web of
relationships among diverse allies we begin to realize, for the first time,
that we are “something different from a caterpillar.”

*Future State* — “Houston, We Have Metamorphosis” Collectively, we begin
spawning generative initiatives that are much more like butterflies than
caterpillars. These initiatives “infect” our traditional institutions in
ways that facilitate their natural evolution into forms that are
dramatically more rewarding to all their stakeholders. Once we collectively
begin to experience what’s possible in the Age of Conscious Evolution, it
will become irreversible. Reverting to today’s traditional organizing forms
will become as improbable as vacuum tubes making a comeback and displacing
transistors.