[P2P-F] Fwd: "National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)"

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:42:54 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Facebook <notification+pjiidwm at facebookmail.com>
Date: Sat, May 7, 2011 at 3:04 AM
Subject: "National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)" sent you a
message on Facebook...
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

facebook
Sandy Heierbacher<http://www.facebook.com/n/?heierbacher&mid=42e5168G1f7c632bGe87246fG0&bcode=d07RvcmU&n_m=michelsub2004%40gmail.com>sent
a message to the members of National
Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)<http://group.php?gid=30471770334>
.
[image: Sandy Heierbacher]<http://www.facebook.com/n/?heierbacher&mid=42e5168G1f7c632bGe87246fG0&bcode=d07RvcmU&n_m=michelsub2004%40gmail.com>
Sandy Heierbacher<http://www.facebook.com/n/?heierbacher&mid=42e5168G1f7c632bGe87246fG0&bcode=d07RvcmU&n_m=michelsub2004%40gmail.com>2:41am
May 7th
Subject: NCDD group is scheduled to be destroyed!
Please take a moment to "like" the facebook page for the National Coalition
for Dialogue & Deliberation at http//www.facebook.com/ncddpage if you
haven't already. Facebook is phasing out its groups that use the old groups
format, and that includes the NCDD group!

This breaks my heart a little, because we have built up a group over the
past few years with nearly 2,300 members (very big for our field!), and have
used the group to host all kinds of discussions, events, photos, etc.
Facebook isn't revealing much, but they are saying that after the group is
"archived," the members of your old group will "not be available." Yikes!

I wanted to alert everyone right away because there's no indication of when
the group will be "archived."

A few months ago I created a Facebook PAGE for NCDD, since pages do have
more functionality overall, and I encourage all of you to take a second to
"like" the page at http//www.facebook.com/ncddpage so we can keep in touch.
I'm sure we will build up the page with great discussions, upcoming regional
events, photos, news from you guys, and more.

For now, the page is a very useful resource in and of itself because I've
been using it to follow dozens of our members' blogs on dialogue,
deliberation, and public engagement. So there's good stuff there -- just not
much interaction or many fans (yet).

Thanks for being part of the NCDD Facebook group over the years, and hope to
see you on the NCDD page!

Sandy Heierbacher
Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)
sandy at thataway.org

Link to NCDD group that's being phased out:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=30471770334

Link to NCDD page we're re-grouping at:
http://www.facebook.com/l/7126a_QtXPCUjopUBMRGSsCUswQ/www.facebook/ncddpage
You have 636 new
notifications<http://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php&mid=42e5168G1f7c632bGe87246fG0&bcode=d07RvcmU&n_m=michelsub2004%40gmail.com>.
Visit Facebook now to see what's happening with your friends.

To reply to this message, follow the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox%2Freadmessage.php&t=1779371572141&mid=42e5168G1f7c632bGe87246fG0&bcode=d07RvcmU&n_m=michelsub2004%40gmail.comThe
message was sent to michelsub2004 at gmail.com. If you don't want to receive
these emails from Facebook in the future, please follow the link below to
unsubscribe.
http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=c05bf5&u=528245547&mid=42e5168G1f7c632bGe87246fG0Facebook,
Inc. P.O. Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA 94303