[P2P-F] Fwd: [OSLIST] The World unites around Four Principles

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 05:10:27 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 2:56 AM
Subject: Fwd: [OSLIST] The World unites around Four Principles
To: sustainable_solidarity at yahoogroups.com, hc_ecology at yahoogroups.com,
econowmix at googlegroups.com

in relation to similarities between some apparent indian spiritual
principles - nice simple slides :

http://www.imagegossips.com/2011/02/indian-principles-of-spirituality/
 <http://www.imagegossips.com/2011/02/indian-principles-of-spirituality/>
and open space technology's principles of self organized meeting spaces :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology#Guiding_Principles_and_One_Law

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology#Guiding_Principles_and_One_Law>
-------------

comparison :

apparently, some indian spiritual principles ( still need to find the exact
historic reference ... ? )

http://rummuser.com/?p=4624

*

The First Principle states:
“Whomsoever you encounter is the right one”
This means that no one comes into our life by chance. Everyone who is around
us, anyone with whom we interact, represents something, whether to teach us
something or to help us improve a current situation.

The Second Principle states:
“Whatever happened is the only thing that could have happened”
Nothing, absolutely nothing of that which we experienced could have been any
other way. Not even in the least important detail. There is no “If only I
had done that differently…, then it would have been different…”. No. What
happened is the only thing that could have taken place and must have taken
place for us to learn our lesson in order to move forward. Every single
situation in life, which we encounter, is absolutely perfect, even when it
defies our understanding and our ego.

The Third Principle states:
“Each moment in which something begins is the right moment”
Everything begins at exactly the right moment, neither earlier nor later.
When we are ready for it, for that something new in our life, it is there,
ready to begin.

This is the Fourth Principle, the final one:
“What is over, is over”
It is that simple. When something in our life ends, it helps our evolution.
That is why, enriched by the recent experience, it is better to let go and
move on.
*

Open Space Technology Principles :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology#Guiding_Principles_and_One_Law

   1. *
   Whoever comes is the right people* ...reminds participants that they
   don't need the CEO and 100 people to get something done, you need people who
   care. And, absent the direction or control exerted in a traditional meeting,
   that's who shows up in the various breakout sessions of an open space
   meeting.
   2. *Whenever it starts is the right time* ...reminds participants that
   "spirit and creativity do not run on the clock."
   3. *Whatever happens is the only thing that could have* ...reminds
   participants that once something has happened, it's done—and no amount of
   fretting, complaining or otherwise rehashing can change that. Move on.
   4. *When it's over, it's over* ...reminds participants that we never know
   how long it will take to resolve an issue, once raised, but that whenever
   the issue or work or conversation is finished, move on to the next thing.
   Don't keep rehashing just because there's 30 minutes left in the session. Do
   the work, not the time.

Owen explains his one "Law," called the *"Law of Two
Feet<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology#Law_of_Two_Feet>
"* or *"The Law of Mobility"*, as follows: *If at any time during our time
together you find yourself in any situation where you are neither learning
nor contributing, use your two feet, go someplace else.* In this way, all
participants are given both the right and the responsibility to maximize
their own learning and contribution, which the Law assumes only they,
themselves, can ultimately judge and control.

Forwarded conversation