[P2P-F] feasible - legally - to set up an alternative government body in Wisconsin ?

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:35:41 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Dante-Gabryell Monson
<dante.monson at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that governments are legal entities, similar to corporations.
> hence it may be worth to check the constitutionality of setting up another
> government,
> with support of the hundred thousand and more people converging in
> Wisconsin, to legitimize the alternative government.

I think you have in mind something like de Ugarte's phyles or Robb's
"economy as a software service."

If so, the main problem is that existing governments serve the primary
purpose of preventing the very kinds of things an alternative
government would be created to achieve.

An alternative economy -- as I understand its benefits -- would be
created to enable producers to engage in exchange with one another
without paying tribute to the money monopoly, to distribute digital
information in defiance of "intellectual property" laws, to bypass the
corporate state and the taxation apparatus that subsidizes it, etc.
The idea is for an economy, operating under cover of a darknet with
encrypted transactions, to circumvent all the regulations whose
primary intent is to enforce artificial scarcities and entry barriers,
so that we don't have to pay rent to the holders of special privileges
and immunities granted by the state.

So much of what the alt economy would do would be in direct
contravention of the laws of the existing state.

Local communities are incorporated, but they are viewed as being
incorporated *under* the constitution and laws of sovereign states.
--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism