[P2P-F] CSPP, where is this project going?

Athina Karatzogianni athina.k at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:56:47 CET 2011

Michel,

To add to Mathieu's email.

Obviously the journal is not a software type project to be releasing things
as we go along different versions hoping people will improve or patch etc.
It would be quite bizarre if we just published papers in the public side of
the site before they are reviewed and ready to be read, debated etc. Not
only bizarre but not respectful to the authors which submit their work.

Also, this is a project built on consensus and dialogue and it does take
time to achieve what people need/want. There isnt just one person dictating
to others what to do in form of 'suggestions' or being the sole developer
with a dozen highly skilled people to filter code through. It is quite
different if you get me.

I think Michel that you might have confused the journal with a blog or wiki
where we ll just publish anything instantly. It takes time.

I believe we are close to having an inaugural issue soon and I dont think
the public cares how long it took or the internal debates, unless they are
some kind of student researching the creation of journals or sth like that,
in which case they can contact us to get the info or we can write a piece on
that issue for your p2p blog if it is interesting to you in particular.

If you would like to advertise the journal you are part of perhaps it d  pay
to wait until it is actually published. Then any issues can be discussed
then rather than preemptively.

I am not sure as I said that it is interesting to people to hear about a
journal which is not out yet. Sounds there arent enough news on p2p to me if
thats whats new these days : )

Cheers

Athina

--