[P2P-F] Fwd: Two Videos: ESRA cartoon and Congressman Grijalva's Tikkun Award Speech

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 08:02:41 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tikkun <miriam at tikkun.org>
Date: Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 7:18 AM
Subject: Two Videos: ESRA cartoon and Congressman Grijalva's Tikkun Award
Speech
To: Michelsub2004 at gmail.com

   We have two exciting videos to share with you!

The first is a funny and clarifying cartoon explanation of why we need a
constitutional amendment such as the ESRA (NSP's proposed Environmental and
Social Responsibility Amendment to the
Constitution<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lSI5k3IShs0zujptwMc25pn5TGsf2m6M>
www.spiritualprogressives.org/ESRA) to overturn the Supreme Court's Citizens
United case to get corporate money out of electoral politics and protect our
democracy. Please invite friends and members of any civic organizaiton,
local political party, professional organization, union or neighbors to
spend an evening with you watching this ten minute presentation and then
discussing with you the ESRA and how to get their organizaitons and your
local city council and state legislature to endorse the ESRA. Contact
natalie at tikkun.org for other people in your and surrounding zip codes to
invite to such an evening or Sunday afternoon.

<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Q7HnYBw5fAY8XkekfY1Nvpn5TGsf2m6M>

<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=eKwBz5c3%2FQV5y0XHCMtn6pn5TGsf2m6M>

  <http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IUKXxrxLsF2cjKRvGmLLm5n5TGsf2m6M>

The second video is Congressman Raul Grijalva's acceptance speech from last
night's Tikkun Award ceremony at our 25th Anniversary Celebration. The
ceremony was a smashing success with speakers and Award recipients making
deep and profound talks, lots of singing and beautiful vibes, poetry, and a
spoken word presentation by Josh Healey and humor from Swami Beyondanada. It
was a beautiful testimony to Tikkun's 25 years of existence as well as to
the award recipients. We'll be putting some of the talks on our newly
designed websites at www.tikkun.org and www.spiritualporgressives.org in
coming days. Congressman Grijalva, the only recipient who couldn't make it
to the actual event (yes, South African Justice Richard Goldstone was there,
and so was Rabbi Marcia Prager, Naomi Newman, C.K. Williams, and Sheikh
Hamza Yusuf to receive their awards and share their wisdom). Grijalva is one
of the most respected members of the House of Representatives, a courageous
Latino son of a bracero who has distinguished himself by courageously
fighting for Immigrant Rights. .
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=olHsp3hRAAs8qnVASf%2BQ%2FJn5TGsf2m6M>

Copyright 2010 Tikkun Magazine. Tikkun is a registered trademark.
2342 Shattuck Avenue, #1200
Berkeley, CA 94704
510-644-1200
Fax 510-644-1255