[P2P-F] feasible - legally - to set up an alternative government body in Wisconsin ?

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:00:01 CET 2011

Dante-Gabryell Monson wrote:
> It seems that governments are legal entities, similar to corporations.

I think it is worth noting: many cities are actually 'incorporated'
 - though I'm not sure how that changes their operation.

> hence it may be worth to check the constitutionality of setting up
> another government,

I think this is very doable if we begin on a very small scale.

When I think of such things, it helps me keep clarity by realizing
government and corporation originally serve the same purpose -
to help people co-own some shared assets.

So we can begin a government body by simply starting a business,
and the co-owners of that business will be the citizens.

Notice you can ADD laws to your new government/corporation.
For example, you could say "you cannot enter unless you are
wearing a purple hat".

But you cannot DELETE laws from the 'containing' government
if the city, county, state or nation you are within forbids such
activity.   For example, you cannot say "you can gamble here"
if that is illegal wherever your gov-corp is located.

On the other hand, once your gov-corp reaches sufficient size,
you will be able to become an influence on 'peer' governments
and finally be able to CHANGE laws.  For example, when you
are large enough to declare yourself a city, you can then begin
voting in county and maybe state affairs using the procedures
those entities have setup.