[P2P-F] red hat's restriction's

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:34:23 CET 2011

Jack Marxer wrote:
> they don't delineate to persons or companies
> who are not their clients exactly what bug fixes
> are included in the update.  This makes it more
> difficult for Oracle to make money from Red Hat's
> efforts to improve the GPL-licensed software

Thanks for clarifying that.

I wonder if Oracle could easily circumvent this tactic
by simply becoming a customer themselves.

If RedHat won't accept them as a customer, they could
pay one of their employees to buy an account to mask
the connection.

But then I guess RedHat will restrict redistribution of
that information, and so Oracle will need to rewrite
it "in their own words" to avoid plagiarism.

Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> The itemization of kernel patches that correlate
> with articles in our knowledge base is no longer
> available to our competitors

This makes me very interested in Copyright license
RedHat will choose for that data.