[P2P-F] Fwd: videos : behavioral psychology, awareness and intentional choices

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:37:25 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Subject: videos : behavioral psychology, awareness and intentional choices
To: sustainable_solidarity at yahoogroups.com, hc_ecology at yahoogroups.com,
econowmix at googlegroups.com

A few videos.

To start with, videos about "waking up" - "saying no!" ...
and then progressively channeling energy into awareness for choices of
shared non violent intentions for constructive action.

---------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnV-QK6GYik

*" In the film 'Waking Life' Alex Jones was allowed to candidly speak his
mind about the state of our hypnotized culture, injecting his political
revelations into the mainstream consciousness. The infowars team has created
this video to illustrate the complex atmosphere of our current political
climate."*

excerpt of script :

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/waking-life-script-transcript-linklater.html

  We should not submit to dehumanization.
              I don't know about you, but I'm concerned with what's
happening in this world.
              I'm concerned with the structure.
              I'm concerned with the systems of control,
              those that control my life and those that seek to
control it even more!
              I want freedom! That's what I want!
              And that's what you should want!
              It's up to each and every one of us to turn loose and
just shovel the greed,
              the hatred, the envy and, yes, the insecurities...
              because that is the central mode of control-- make us
feel pathetic, small...
              so we'll willingly give up our sovereignty, our liberty,
our destiny.
              We have got to realize that we're being conditioned on a
mass scale.
              Start challenging this corporate slave state!
              The   st Century is gonna be a new century,
              not the century of slavery, not the century of lies and
issues of no significance...
              and classism and statism and all the rest of the modes of control!
              It's gonna be the age of humankind...
              standing up for something pure and something right!

------------------

A clip from Network made in 1976.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAuUWptFWm8

He (Howard Beale) tries to awaken the people in the country :

*<< I don't know what to do|about depression, inflation, the Russians, the
crime in the streets. All I know is that first you've got to get mad! You've
got to say, "I'm a human being, goddamn it!" "My life has value!" >>*
*
*
*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_(film)

Network is a 1976 American satirical film<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire>
 released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer>
 about a fictional television
network<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_network>
, Union Broadcasting
System<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Broadcasting_System>
 (UBS), and its struggle with poor
ratings<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings>
.

----------
*

almost identical zeitgeist excerpt :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4iY3aIxzI

one of the zeitgeist movies :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jhkg_zeitgeist_news

does Zeitgeist only underline issues,
or does it want to replace one system of centralized control by another ?
what are the suggested alternatives ?
critique : http://p2pfoundation.net/Zeitgeist#Dante_Monson

------------------------

*Personal Note* :  Once we become aware, we can start making choices
together.
Once we start making choices, we do not need to "feel angry",
but can stay aware constantly of all contexts,
accept the state of awareness of each of us and orient them towards mutual
emancipation,
create meaning through our own understanding of what constructive non
violent alternatives we can bring into existence together.

a 10 minutes series of excerpts of a french movie on behavioural biology
called "Mon Oncle
d'Amerique"<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mon_oncle_d%27Am%C3%A9rique>

with a narrative by Henri Laborit (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Laborit )
on evolutionary psychology and ways our brains act as to enable action ( or
else, act to self destruct )

in french :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0msBPXObAA

or with english undertitles ( less good image quality ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7AfY-ux7Ds

and a didactic introduction to "Spiral Dynamics" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSvKByYOPdo