[P2P-F] Fwd: Save the Date - Mozilla Festival on Media, Freedom and the Web - Nov 4 - 6

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:11:38 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michelle Thorne <michelle at mozillafoundation.org>
Date: Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:24 PM
Subject: Save the Date - Mozilla Festival on Media, Freedom and the Web -
Nov 4 - 6
Cc: festival at mozilla.org

Hey there,

As a participant at the Mozilla Festival in Barcelona, we'd like to inform
you about this year's festival in London:

Mozilla Festival on Media, Freedom and the Web
November 4 - 6, Ravensbourne College, London, UK
http://mzl.la/festivaldate

The event will be fueled by innovation challenges that pull the best of
modern web technology into the world of media making. Evolving from last
year's theme, education and new ways of learning will be an integral part of
Media, Freedom and the Web.

Planned highlights include:

* Opening night Science Fair on cool web + media tech
* Two days of hands-on web + media hacking
* A festival atmosphere driven by tinkering
* Talks by media leaders who've benefited from the web
-> e.g. Al Jazeera's Director General and comedian Eddie Izzard

Teams from the BBC, the Guardian, Al Jazeera, ZEIT Online, as well as
leading web developers, designers, educators, and all-around geeks will be
jamming on innovation challenges and making a better web media future
together.

Right now the only think to do is put the festival in your calendar and sign
up for updates: http://mzl.la/festivaldate

And, if you want to help shape the festival, we'd love to hear from you.
Just respond to this message with ideas on how you could pitch in.

Hope to see you in London!

// michelle thorne

Spread the word:
Save the Date! Mozilla Festival on Media, Freedom and the Web. London, Nov 4
- 6. http://mzl.la/festivaldate #mozfest