[P2P-F] Fwd: June Issue of OSBR Available

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 14:47:41 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris McPhee <chris.mcphee at osbr.ca>
Date: Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:19 PM
Subject: June Issue of OSBR Available
To: Chris McPhee <chris.mcphee at osbr.ca>

Dear Readers,

The June 2011 issue of the OSBR is now available at osbr.ca. The editorial
theme for this issue is Technology Entrepreneurship. In this issue, we have
the following articles:

Robert Poole, CEO of FreebirdConnect.com, describes the benefits of
starting a business that leverages an existing platform. He outlines
relevant business models and describes the steps that an entrepreneur can
follow to start a business on the FreebirdConnect.com platform.

Daniel Crenna shares the lessons he learned as the sole founder of
Lunarbits. He argues that we have as much to learn by analyzing the causes
of failure as we do from celebrating success stories.

Frank Horsfall from Carleton University's Technology Innovation Management
program describes a new rapid prototyping environment to help student
entrepreneurs test and refine their prototypes.

Ali Kousari, CTO of Systema Technologies in Geneva, reviews the challenges
facing technology startups under traditional funding models. He describes
new funding approaches and suggests ways of moving towards a new model of
funding technology startups.

For the upcoming July issue, we focus on Women Entrepreneurs and welcome
submissions that shed light on the particular challenges of increasing the
number of women in founding and leadership positions. Please contact me
(chris.mcphee at osbr.ca) if you are interested in submitting an article for
this theme; the deadline is June 15th. We also welcome general submissions
on the topic of open source business or the growth of early-stage technology
companies.

Kind regards,

Chris McPhee
Editor, Open Source Business Resource
http://www.osbr.ca

If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from the OSBR, please
send your request by email and I will unsubscribe you.
Open Source Business Resource
http://www.osbr.ca/ojs/index.php/osbr