[P2P-F] self-regulating markets

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:39:14 CEST 2011

I just checked wikipedia for Time banks. i already new about the concept but
I dont know much.

Similarities:
Both projects allow the creation of money out of nowhere.

Differences: This project takes the selfishness of people as the most
important factor. That doesnt mean that People are selfish, only that it
treats them as if they were.
That means that people have to repay back their debt or there are
consequences.
There are fluctuations on the prices.(there is no such thing as one hour for
one hour) That is what the trust metric is all about, an effort to evaluate
others work, and that is a very important task if we are to use others work
as currency.

My system takes as granted the right someone has to work or not to work, to
trade or not to trade. Those 2 rights allow a person to take advantage of
people that have a dire need for a product.

On the other hand, my system gives every person the same capabilities in
their persuit of happiness, ie the only reason for someone to have more
money is that he is better skilled. Money doesnt create more opportunities
to some.

But since I dont know much about time banks, I might be wrong. You can
enlighten me for the merits of Time banks.

2011/6/21 Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar>

> El 21/06/11 04:23, Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis dijo:
> > Hey, dont shoot the messenger.
> >
> > I agree about the role of the state but as I have said in another email,
> the
> > state poses as a necessity if there is no other alternative that could
> > productively express the opinions of many.
> >
> > What I am about to say needs testing and more thinking but let me tell
> you
> > what I have done so far to create an alternative to the free market.
> >
> >  I have created a new class of currencies that are very similar to the
> very
> >  old currencies. What if each person used the creation of his work as
> >  currency. When someone owns 5 paul's chairs for example , It is meant
> that
> >  Paul will have to give him those 5 chairs in the future if he asks for
> them.
> >  This is then some kind of loan. Someone gives something now in exchange
> for
> >  something in the future. If he doesnt need the chairs, he might have to
> >  exchange Paul's chairs with something else.
>
> Hi, just my two cents (hehe): Many Social Economy workers exchange work
> hours,
> and even form a "Time Bank", where they exchange them for other people's
> hours/services.
>
> I can look for read material if you're interested.
>

> PS: Hi! I'm subscribed since a few months but for some reason my email
> reception was disabled.
>
> --
> Salud!
> Nicolás Reynolds,
> xmpp:fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
> omb:http://identi.ca/fauno
>
> OTR: C0CB1F0F 01DB5E18 2D634C2A A4626858 E7C7C3A2
>
> http://parabolagnulinux.org
> http://endefensadelsl.org

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis