[P2P-F] Fwd: Our Workshop: Democratic Mobilisations, The Commons and Communities

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:33:21 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mark jagdev <markjagdev at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: Our Workshop: Democratic Mobilisations, The Commons and
Communities

Dear all,

Re: *Our Workshop: Democratic Mobilisations, The Commons and
Communities*<http://www.meetup.com/School-of-Commoning-Events/events/22360261/>

Following on from our last workshop with Michel Bauwens, we have been lit up
with enthusiasm by all those that came to build upon the School of
Commoning's foundations and also inspired to set up our next event, which is
this Friday! (1-5pm See link above).

The SoC team has been working hard to clarify both the message and the value
of the upcoming event and we believe that we have brought a greater focus to
the commoning component as a core element. We hope to engage you in a
participatory way to bring a heartfelt understanding of the need and future
of commoning across a spectrum of practical and unifying aspects.

At SoC, we practice what we preach, which is a committed intention to review
and distill transparently and authentically the process of commoning as a
team. That is why we are dispatching a reviewed update in the hope that it
will help you in shaping your own questions and ideas to bring on the day.
So if you have not visited lately the workshop's Facebook
page<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220375597981035> please
go there to review its current description.

We now also have a section of handpicked resources worth reading: Select
Resources on the
Commons<http://www.meetup.com/School-of-Commoning-Events/pages/Select_Resources_on_the_Commons_and_Commoning/>.
If you are completely new to the commons or would like to refresh your
understanding of what the commons are please watch this brief video resource
here<http://commonslearningalliance.org/video/global-commons-introduction-professor-leo-burke>
.

Some of you indicated that you will be able to attend *only virtually*. If
you are one of them, you can participate fully in the online
forums<http://www.meetup.com/School-of-Commoning-Events/messages/boards/>
on
our meetup site. If you are coming to SOAS London for the workshop then
please register at the MeetUp side by clicking the 'I'm Going' button, that
would help us know who is coming.

Next-to-the last request: Please send us a question, in the next couple of
days that we'll use for shaping our shared learning journey. Here's a
question that can help you articulating yours:

*"What question about the commons or commoning, if answered, could make a
big, positive difference in your life or work?"*

Pls email your question by sending your question to me at:

markjagdev at gmail.com or schoolofcommoning at yahoo.co.uk

After the workshop, some of us plan to go out and have dinner together with
further time for networking in a function room for us. It would be good to
know how many dinners should we book, so let us know whether there's a
chance to have you with us.

Finally, the last request. There are still some places available in this
exciting, fun-filled workshop, so please spread the word about it in your
networks, suggesting that interested people register at this url address:

www.meetup.com/School-of-Commoning-Events

This is a truly unique time in which we are living and we are thrilled to be
collaborating with people who share a vision for building strong, heart
centred communities. Thank you for reading this and look forward to meeting
you, if/when you join us on the 24th in person or virtually!

On behalf of the School of Commoning,

Mark