[P2P-F] self-regulating markets

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:54:42 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis
<xekoukou at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think by self-regulated he means that the government doesnt regulate the
> markets. He goes on to show that self-regulation is in fact regulation by
> few corporations, thus the free market is only a myth. He then goes to
> explain why free market proponents have promoted the idea that the state job
> is only  that of 'punishing' those who do not abide by the rules, and have
> withheld the true nature of the economy. That is what i understood by
> reading the synopsis.

Thank you.

It seems very fair to me to say that corporations are by virtue
regulated by governments, and therefore cannot plausibly be viewed as
"self-regulating". Each and every corporation has submitted it's
existence to the government, and agreed to abide by the regulations of
the government at least in reference to registering itself. What am I
missing?

email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://hollymeadcapital.com