[P2P-F] MtGox Bitcoin Exchange Hacked Crashes Market

Kevin Flanagan kev.flanagan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 01:32:09 CEST 2011

Hey,

I've been following bitcoin recently trying to get my head around it.
I created an account on MtGox the exchange but never used it. I own 0
bitcoins :) However I found out this evening that MtGox has been
hacked and this crashed the bitcoin market. Gmail soon alerted me to
suspicious activity on my account. I don't use the same passwords so
my account was fine but I guess someone managed to brute force the
encrypted passwords on MtGox and tried logging in to my Gmail from a
suspicious IP address.

The video below is kind of fascinating to see the speed at which this
all happened.

Video - https://twitter.com/#!/BitcoinAnalyst/status/82526560351031296
Bitcoin Forum - https://twitter.com/#!/bitcoininfo/status/82528153020542976

Best