[P2P-F] Fwd: [fcf_discussion] brief report on the visit of Stallman to Ms. Kroes

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 00:54:07 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Simona Levi <info at conservas.tk>
Date: Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Subject: [fcf_discussion] brief report on the visit of Stallman to Ms. Kroes
To: fcforum_discussion at list.fcforum.net

 We were 3:

Richard Matthew Stallman, Karsten Gerloff (FSFE) and myself as FCForum.

Stallman went through free sofware, patents, new threats on privacy
and free standards. Kroes no much interested...
Then he went through "support artists supporting sharing", volontary
payment etc... She asked question on how many artists think like us.
Richard pass it to me. Brief explaination showing figure of the shares
and of how big is the community.
Then the question on ISP control. She is not in charge... of course...
An then my worse shock: Stallman asked how can we help her. She say
that her greater concern is the protection of children and that
internet can be dangerous.... :-(.
Every body got nervous and we were driven out.

Later on we sent to them via la quadrature the contact of the
organization working in protection of children but against censureship
of the internet.

Pictures in @La_EX_

All bit sad but maybe useful... Richard was more optimistic than me :-)

besos!

Simona

-----
+info http://list.fcforum.net/wws/info/fcforum_discussion