[P2P-F] political & social revolution / transition to a commons-based society / intergenerational learning

George Por george at community-intelligence.com
Tue Jun 14 08:45:00 CEST 2011

Michel,

The new movements' new thinking is emerging as we speak. The post-camps phase of DRY seems creating structures of engagement that, if successful, can transcend (and include) protest and outrage, moving towards growing new institutions of counter-power.

However, the *social* revolution (beyond the political), as you know, which includes a radical transformation of the capitalist mode and relations of production and distribution, the root system of the social ills that the current movement is attacking, will take much longer.

In resonance with the Kondratieff cycle mentioned in a recent analysis of the revolutionary crisis, on the p2p site, I anticipate a decades-long transition to a post-capitalist, commons-based society. Some of your writings and Adam Arvidsson's new book will be instrumental to illuminate the challenges and opportunities of the transition, in which the struggle includes pushing for more and more commons-friendly markets and states.

All that shouldn't lure us into thinking as we knew what is really happening, right now. Learning is more important than knowing. The courage and creativity of the movements hugely inspire me to pay close attention and do what I can to support them. That's what inspired also my idea for the workshop that we'll have at SOAS university, here in London, http://t.co/FwCPloF .

Since the 60s I hardly had any hope that this moment can come in my lifetime. What do you all think about the best ways, in which owe generation can support the movement?

in solidarity,

george