[P2P-F] Fwd: "Nonkilling Geography" book released

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:27:52 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joám Evans Pim <jevans at nonkilling.org>
Date: Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Subject: "Nonkilling Geography" book released

Dear Research Committee Member,

The Center for Global Nonkilling is proud to announce the release of
its latest book "Nonkilling Geography", featuring chapters by James
Tyner, Joshua Inwood, Colin Flint, Nik Heynen, Graham Pickren, Alcindo
José de Sá, Stephen Graham, Jenna M. Loyd, Barney Warf and Kathryn
Gillespie, from our Nonkilling Geography Research Committee.

Geography, in particular, can (and has) contributed significantly to
our understanding of the various "spaces" of killing. However, to
date, there has been no overarching, singular focus promoted by
Geographers toward nonkilling. This volume constitutes the first,
direct engagement by a panel of Geographers to think through the idea
of a nonkilling society. Contributors were asked to think broadly, to
expand our intellectual—and moral—horizon to question killing and
nonkilling, violence and nonviolence. And in the pages that follow,
readers will experience a vast array of ideas, an unfolding of a
larger intellectual quest that has the singular goal of contributing
toward a nonkilling and nonviolent world.

The book can be download for free in PDF at the usual link:

http://nonkilling.org/node/18

Paperback copies can also be ordered at US$ 10 following the link from
the previous site or directly from:

http://www.lulu.com/product/15903198

All CGNK materials are released under a Create Commons licence and we
welcome wide distribution, so please share this new with colleagues
and students. We also encourage you to feature this and other relevant
CGNK publications in your course syllabi and to consider the
possibility of preparing reviews for journals and websites.

Thank you for your interest and kindness.

Best wishes,

Joám Evans Pim
Research, Global Team Leader
Center for Global Nonkilling (CGNK)
P.O. Box 12232, Honolulu, Hawai'i 96828
http://www.nonkilling.org

Board member, Brazilian Institute for Nonkilling
Rua Uruguai, 472, Apt. 1002, Itajaí/SC, Brazil
http://www.naomatar.org

"Die if you must, but never kill."
Marechal (General) Cândido Rondon (1865-1958)