[P2P-F] [Open Manufacturing] Source Control - Freedom through Sharing The Open Factory - an Open Hardware factory in an Irish Ecovillage.

Devin Balkind devin at sarapisfoundation.org
Thu Jul 28 19:05:56 CEST 2011

Patrick, I agree with what you're saying but think that 'at cost access' is
easier said than done.  I'd imagine "cost" will become harder to quantify as
'market rates' for material and labor inputs become more obscure and less
based in the conventional marketplace.

Sam, I agree that this situation looks "untenable."  Each of us should
cultivate a generalized knowledge of all the systems we use, but we should
also celebrate elegant systems that fulfill our needs and allow us to use
our favorite skills.  In other words - and I'm not sure this will make a lot
of sense - I'd like to code with watercolors.

Devin Balkind
Director, Sarapis Foundation
devin at sarapisfoundation.org
@devinbalkind