[P2P-F] Closing the Loop on Local Production

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:22:49 CEST 2011

We can share the costs of the land, tools, plants
and animals required for the products we need.

We already pay these costs when we buy products
from others who own the sources of those products.

We can buy and co-own the Sources of Production for
our own, mutual benefit by pre-paying for product.

We can then swap skills to do all the work needed
within the aggregate to create those products.

The aggregate 'pays' workers and other investors
with products created within the aggregate.

Investors should be end-users of those products, for
the only ROI they receive is the product itself.

As a special case, to decrease the startup time,
Venture Capitalist can also invest in the aggregate
with their return being a % of the profit gained
from selling product to outsiders.

Some % of that Profit must always be treated as an
investment from the person who paid it.

This causes outsiders to slowly gain ownership in
the Sources needed to insure that future production.

And in doing so, those outsiders incrementally gain
co-ownership in the growth of the aggregate until
they also have sufficient ownership and so no longer
need to buy that product since they own it already.

We must charge Profit during those sales, for if we
do not collect the Profit, a middle-man will buy all
the products we offer at Cost, and then resell them
while charging a Profit anyway.

Similar to how the GNU GPL enforces Copyleft through
Copyright to insure users gain access to Virtual
Sources of Production, we propose to create a
PropertyLeft document enforced through Property Rights
used to insure users gain access to Physical Sources
of Production by treating profit as payer investment.

This social contract can be applied by co-owners of any
material assets to insure freedom for all users.

This is also an actual, *true* Insurance for any product or
service we want to guarantee will continue.

Initial stages could have some workers in mobile homes and
eating food bought in bulk.

An example organization:

* Payers commit Physical Sources and Work toward production.

* Those with skills needed by the aggregate can commit
  to work in exchange for Use-Shares.

* You may also buy Use-Shares by offering land, tools,
  plants or animals needed by the Aggregate.

* Payers receive Use-Shares representing those investments.

* Use-Shares authorize the holder to access specific Sources
  and Products within the Aggregate.

* Use-Shares have 3 parts:
   Product: Quality and quantity of a good or service.
   Sources: Title to the land and capital needed for production.
   Workers: The people who commit to achive that production.

* For example:
   Product: 1 dozen grade AA eggs each week until July 2013.
   Sources: 3 RIR, land at {GPS coord.}, water rights, barn
   Workers: [Farm Boys(TM) Ag and Landscaping Group]

* A Use-Share is only as valid as the specific "Sources"
  and "Workers" called-out on the document.  If either of
  these preconditions are not met, production will fail.