[P2P-F] transitioning to ethical banks

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:59:58 CEST 2011

hi amaia or sepp?,

could you find out more about the following and announce/report on our blog?

see
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2011/07/report-lisbon-international-meeting/

Transition Day
Proposition: The proposal is to start an international campaign for
everybody to take their money out of the commercial banks and pass it to
ethic banks and credit cooperatives, or create new ones. It consist of a
big campaign to show what the traditional banks are doing with our money
but also promote the credit coops and the projects they finance.
People can do it without changing anything on the way they use their money
(debt cards, etc) they can have a bank account that will not contribute to
war and exploitation. So this action will have two fronts: take the money
out from the bankers elites, and also put more money available for
sustainable projects who will contribute to everybody and help to heal the
world. One day of the month would be the transition day, maybe the 10th or
any day because that would have the most impact on the market, every
month, so the people gets used to it and we will use the same
comunication.
cooperative and ethic banks like Triodos or the Catalan Integral
Cooperative http://cooperativa.ecoxarxes.cat started one year ago by Enric
Duran, and Laurent (from Namur) present the Belgium Eltys Cooperative.
We created the blog transitionday.wordpress.com who is looking for
collaboration to explain the problem of the banks and spread information
about ethic bank possibilities. Now we can start to archive the material
(video, audio, text…) and link similar projects like moveyourmoney.org
or banksters.com. We also created a group Transition Day in N-1.cc to
share ideas about the organization. We talked about organising conferences
and make anti-banksters actions during this transition days.