[P2P-F] Investing for Goods (was: equity-based crowdfunding in the UK)

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:03:31 CEST 2011

http://www.crowdcube.com/pg/how-it-works-4 wrote:

> 'crowd' of like minded trendsetters willing to
> invest smaller amounts of cash in exchange
> for rewards and a stake in their business.

If the Crowd were the Users,
and the Stake was co-ownership,
and the rewards were the Product,
We then have Use-Value Production.

Free Software is a Use-Value Product.
Peer Production is also for Use-Value.

We need not worry about Exchange Value
when the Users are the Owners, for in that
case, the Product is not Sold, but is already
the Property of the Agent who needs it!

For example, each co-Owner of a fruit/nut orchard
would 'pay' the collective others within that group
by committing either Land, Capital or Labor.

Once all Costs are covered, Production begins...

Each Agent collects the same % of the Product
as they have co-Ownership, and so the funding
model wound need to target micro-payments
from a large number of potential Users.

This short-circuits and even eliminates some
amount of Exchange.  It reduces the Agent's
need to Trade finished Goods, while
simultaneously increasing the Agent's ability
to Trade Skills.

We can organize in this way to co-own the
Hardware needed to host the Software we
want to use for a better internet.

But most importantly we must learn to
share the Costs of our basic needs so we
can finally enjoy the benefits of increased
size as the economy of scale would allow
us to finally own all forms of Production
through the entire supply chain (tree) for
all the Products we need.