[P2P-F] Short movie: "Coalition of The Willing"

Franco Iacomella franco at freeknowledge.eu
Fri Jul 8 19:58:20 CEST 2011

Watch it here: http://coalitionofthewilling.org.uk/

‘Coalition of The Willing’ is a film that discusses how we can use new
internet technologies to leverage the powers of activists, experts, and
ordinary citizens in collaborative ventures to combat climate change.
Through analyses of swarm activity and social revolution, ‘Coalition of
the Willing’ makes a compelling case for the new online activism and
explains how to bring the fight against global warming to the people. As
the film tackles the subject of online activism, we decided that the
logical home for ‘Coalition of The Willing’ is here online.

Between the start of February and the beginning of June 2010, Coalition
of the willing was released in sections onto	this website. Groups of
sections were released roughly every 2-3 weeks, with the final completed
film going online at the start of June. This un-conventional release
strategy allowed us to build and engage with an audience whilst the film
itself was being made. “coalitionfilm” has now become an online
environmental brand in itself, with contributors Tweeting and
Facebooking every day about issues discussed in the film;
environmentalism, open source culture and swarm politics. See the links
above to follow coalitionfilm.

Best,

--
Franco Iacomella