[P2P-F] Fwd: YEar one of the Global Commons Movement

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 10:08:09 CET 2011

Dear Sam,

I hope you can help me with this, see
http://commonsblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/29/the-commons-year-one-of-the-global-commons-movement/

the following article contains two essential tables, which I would like to
add to http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Commmons, subsection Visualization

it concerns the table, *Codex Justinianus
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Juris_Civilis>revisted and 2) **The
logic of the market versus the logic of the commons

Dear Chris,

I would also like to excerpt that article in a blog article, starting from
the following paragraph, and including the two tables, can you help for the
blog, and please postdate to Feb 7 or after ?

(the title of table 2 could be the title of the article)

this is the starting paragraph:

"*Today, the commons are often excluded from policy discussions and
commoners are often disempowered. This tendency is enforced by the dominant
political thinking, which is used to *thinking in dichotomies*. Here the
market, there the state, here the private, there the public, here the
teacher, there the pupil, here competition, there cooperation, here the good
thing, there the bad thing. As a consequence, we tend to look for
Either-Or-Solutions, which leads to consider Market and State as the only
two serious realms of action. The commons are usually left behind and
ignored.