[P2P-F] [Commoning] commonwealth, critique by silvia federici

Massimo De Angelis commoning at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:42:33 CET 2011

Dear Michael

thanks Michel Bauwens very much for bringing you in. His email was
referring to a text by Silvia that I proposed as a point of departure
for collective debate on strategy. I republished this text on The
Commoner here (http://www.commoner.org.uk/?p=113). Obviously, the
critical quote that Michel send you must be read in the context of the
overall argument made by Silvia. It is this argument that either
carries or does not carry weight for giving us insight as a point of
departure for a strategic debate.

Would you like to join our commoning list? This is a very broad list
of people attracted to commons and they come from a variety of
perspectives. I am sure I am not the only one who would  love to have
you on board as we are living in a time in which we do need to clarify
our positions but especially finding a common ground upon which to
move forward. The events in Italy, with the recent meeting of "uniti
contro la crisi" bringing together the metalworker trade union FIOM
with the social centres, precarious workers, many associations and so
on, was a crucially important event, especially because the terrain of
recomposition was explicitly on the basis of commons. The times are
therefore demanding commonning.

Hope you will join the list and help us to shape a strategic debate
over commons.

All the best

Massimo De Angelis