[P2P-F] Fwd: Thimbl: Don't be a Twit, it feels good to be Fingered!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 04:28:06 CET 2011

thanks for supporting thimbl:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dmytri Kleiner/ Friends. <dk at telekommunisten.net>
Date: Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Subject: Thimbl: Don't be a Twit, it feels good to be Fingered!
To: "Dmytri Kleiner/ Friends. Subscriber" <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

(Mailing list information, including unsubscription instructions, is located
at the end of this message.)
__

 ##### Vote for Thimbl -->
http://www.drumbeat.org/content/how-vote-drumbeat-thimbl
 ##### Watch the Thimbl video -->
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/thimbl-decentralized-micro-blogging-platform
 ##### What is Thimbl? --> http://www.thimbl.net
 ##### Get the Telekommunisten Manifesto --> http://bit.ly/telekommunist

Hello! It's been a long time since I've sent out a email newsletter, hasn't
it?

As some of you may know, I've gotten drawn into the world of social media,
and have been hanging around in places like Facebook and Twitter. There are
a few reasons for this, one, to explore those platforms as ways to
communicate, but also to very large degree, to understand the enemy. Much of
what's wrong with Web2.0 is covered in the Telekommunist Manifesto (
http://bit.ly/telekommunist), recently published by Geert Lovink and the
Institute for Network Cultures. But now, Telekommunisten are going beyond
criticizing the twitbooks, we have initiated a project to develop a truly
social platform, one that is open source and decentralized, and perhaps best
of all, based on the Finger Protocol, which was originally developed in the
1970s and is already support on pretty much every platform.

/////// Don't be a Twit, it feels good to be fingered!

The platform is called Thimbl, and it also has a manifesto all it's own:
http://www.thimbl.net/manifesto.html

Thimbl is a microblogging platformed implemented as a specialized Finger &
SSH client

Please take a look! We welcome feedback and participation, the Thimbl
project is just beginning, we need your to help spread the word.

What's really great is that Thimbl has been nominated for the Open Web Award
from Transmediale and the Mozilla Foundation, so we'll be hanging around the
OpenZone at Transmediale spreading the word and answering questions.

Winning the Open Web Award would go along way to kickstarting Thimbl, and we
really need your help here! You can vote for us! Voting for the Award is
being done on the drumbeat.org platform, Thimbl is very new, and is up
against two projects that are far better known, so we're really need your
vote. Please sign up to drumbeat and vote for Thimbl!

Here's how: http://www.drumbeat.org/content/how-vote-drumbeat-thimbl

Also, we have a nice little video to introduce you to Thimbl, you can see it
on the home page of our drumpeat project.

http://www.drumbeat.org/project/thimbl-decentralized-micro-blogging-platform

And after you vote for Thimbl, please make a comment on drumbeat, the
Transmediale jury is very interested in hearing why you like the project and
so are we!

Voting ends Feb 4th, so the time to vote is now! Also, please pass this on,
share, blog, tweet, etc. Help us kickstart decentralized social media! With
your help, we can make this manifesto for the open web heard!

Got Questions? Wanna Help?

We've also launched a public community forum for the Thimbl project:

http://www.thimbl.net/community.html

Come by and say Hi!

/////// Stammtisch!

Also, for those of you in Berlin, I'll be at Cafe Buchhandlung tonight
(Tuesday) for Stammtisch, so come by and have a drink for Thimbl! Stammstich
remains at the usual place, Cafe Buchhandlug. (http://bit.ly/buchhandlung)
I'll be there around 9pm.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 --> http://www.thimbl.net
 --> http://www.thimbl.net/manifesto.html
 --> http://www.drumbeat.org/content/how-vote-drumbeat-thimbl

[[[[ Telekommunisten. The Revolution is Calling ]]]]

--
The following information is a reminder of your current mailing

You are subscribed to the following list:

       Dmytri Kleiner/ Friends.

using the following email:

       michelsub2004 at gmail.com

You may unsubscribe from this list at any time by
visiting the following URL:

http://freshsent.info/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/u/friends/michelsub2004/gmail.com/

If the above URL is inoperable, make sure that you have copied the
entire address. Some mail readers will wrap a long URL and thus break
this automatic unsubscribe mechanism.

You may also change your subscription by visiting this list's main screen:

http://freshsent.info/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/list/friends

If you're still having trouble, please contact the list owner at:

       <mailto:dk at telekommunisten.net>

The following physical address is associated with this mailing list:

Cafe Buchhandlung
Tucholskystr 32.
Berlin-Mitte

Amtsstunden: Jeden Deinstag, 20:00 - 24:00

http://www.telekommunisten.net