[P2P-F] Bitcoin @ EFF

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 20:15:01 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Douglas Rushkoff <rushkoff at rushkoff.com> wrote:
> I was talking about Superfluid.
> It's primarily a tool for collaboration - a social network where
> people offer their services in order to get one another's projects
> done. And it's aimed at software/web developers.
>
> I think the model could easily be applied to everyone and everything.
> But they are focused on biasing the currency towards getting people to
> develop things together, so they will be manipulating the money supply
> consciously. They're thinking of it more like Gold in WoW than Bitcoin/
> cash-equivalent.

An aside:

I wonder how Superfluid could work with hardware developers?

http://www.oshwbank.org/ was successful at least for a while (but was
pledging actual Euros). A lot of projects funded there ended up as
physical products on http://www.liquidware.com/

Superfluid:

I think the model could extend to Food, Energy, physical production
systems. If they don't have it already, Superfluid could benefit from
an API that allows people to create extensions on their services, and
to use them in other commercial services *and* in open source software
spaces (mediawiki, wagn, Drupal, Wordpress, Redmine, statusnet,
diaspora, etc) Just some ideas, anyway

email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://forwardfound.org