[P2P-F] Bitcoin @ EFF

Douglas Rushkoff rushkoff at rushkoff.com
Mon Jan 24 14:16:38 CET 2011

I understand the US aspects pretty well.

The people making the transaction need a dollar equivalent to be able
to report to the IRS. Superfluid created a process through which
people could negotiate that value after the transaction (the seller
wants it smaller, the buyer wants it bigger).

Currencies that have dollar equivalencies (Berkshares, etc.) don't
have to bother with this.