[P2P-F] Fwd: Patent Received

Karl Robillard krobillard at san.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 04:02:49 CET 2011

Hello Tom,

After quickly reading over the Chagora FAQ I have to say I don't understand
why you think it would change anything.  I can easily make donations to
various projects (political or otherwise) both large and small.  I can engage
in networked communications using a panoply of existing tools.

My current reading of our situation is that money (along with market
fundamentalism) is a cause of much of our problems.  I see money as an
outdated tool, a primitive form of information technology which facilitates
corrupt behavior.  It tends to get used in the same manner as violence - if a
little doesn't solve your problem then use more!  You are, like modern
financiers, using high-tech tools (digital IT) to manage a low-tech one (money)
when the productive thing to do is replace the old with the new.

Applying peer production processes (i.e. those without markets or money that
empower individuals to directly shape outcomes) to governance would be a
meaningful change.  Simply tweaking how our representational hierarchy is
maintained is not.

-Karl