[P2P-F] Fwd: in french : reportage interessant et sympatique de l'installation d'une

Franz Nahrada f.nahrada at reflex.at
Sat Jan 15 10:18:04 CET 2011

This is a typical case where I feel that choosing the village lifestyle is
still a very sacrifial thing.

I like much about them, I like the wiki, I like the fact that they have a
tiny federation of 4 micro-villages in that valley working together, but
still there is obvious hardships to endure.

My quest is that if we really tackle village development from a strategic
and inventive point,
* can we bring with us some meaningful civilsational riches that allow us
to live an independent AND decent life?
* can we reap the harvest of human knowledge about automation and work
more effective in a deeper interplay with nature?

They have all my admiration because they dont wait for better
circumstances, still its a tough way to begin, not easily possible for
older and very young people.

I just pubished a piece that mirrors not only my agony of the moment:

http://globalvillages.ning.com/profiles/blogs/a-new-years-message-to

There is a strategic choice to make: to influence mainstream society and
have it accept the village as an extension of an otherwise unsustainable
system. Accept it in all its autonomy and self - relatedness as a vital
factor in an economy that has long time ago started to self-destruct.

The only chance that this will ever happen is if a critical mass of
villages around the globe teams up, to large to ignore as a customer to
cater to -  and as a force to respect at the same time.

This year, there will be a gathering of Village communities in Berlin and
this should not go unnoticed.

http://www.rosalux.de/fileadmin/rls_uploads/pdfs/Themen/GK_Ländlicher_Raum/Announcement_int.village-conf.pdf

maybe this meeting will bring some new developments to move the villages
movement forward.

Franz