[P2P-F] structured mapping of real p2p internet infrastructure

Matt Cooperrider matt.cooperrider at collabforge.com
Mon Jan 10 00:02:50 CET 2011

Hi All,

Can't contribute to this project but I wanted to share a useful resource:

http://wiki.umuse.org/Initial_Notes

It's a backburner project of Phil Ashlock of OpenPlans:

This is a forum to help facilitate and unify the discourse on how to evolve
existing web technologies to deliver the promise of user-centric
identity<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_2.0>.
As identity standards begin to coalesce we must consider the implications
for existing systems and services. By attempting to implement identity
standards as they evolve and by considering the potential they unleash we
can better inform their standardization process. However, the focus here
isn't simply about adapting technologies to enable identity
interoperability, it's more about creating a collaborative environment to
coordinate how these technologies should evolve within a user-centric
environment.

Lots of useful links to projects here. Good survey of the application layer
in the space you are discussing.

Cheers,
Matt