[P2P-F] [p2p-research] P2P Listmaster Announcement: NEW LIST

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 07:56:55 CET 2011

On 1/5/11, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 11:21:37 AM +0700, Michel Bauwens
> (michelsub2004 at gmail.com) wrote:

>> Dear Kevin,
>> can you propose us a cut-off date?

>> I would say that now that we passed the original deadline, we can
>> aim for January 15, and start the new list on the 16th, or earlier,
>> but cut off the old list on the 15th, so the archive has a clear
>> date limit?
>
> the longer we wait, the greater the mess: MORE threads starting in one
> place and going to another, double messages, replies from confused
> people who missed the link to the new list but aren't seen by other
> subscribers...

I totally agree.  I hoped that after we announced the migration to the
new list, people would hurry up and subscribe, and forward any replies
to old threads to the new address.

Instead, I see old threads continuing on the old list, with half the
new stuff in my mailbox consisting of messages to the old list.

My next -- and LAST -- post to the old list will be an announcement,
in stronger terms, that the old list is being shut down and that
everyone who wants to particpate should hurry up and migrate
immediately.

As Marco says, the longer we draw this out and have ongoing threads on
two different lists -- and people who keep subscribing to the old one
-- the messier it will be.

To put it in the vernacular, we need to shit or get off the pot.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism