[P2P-F] Fwd: [fcf_discussion] Re: Fwd: <nettime> Decentralizing the Internet So Big Brother Can’t Find You

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:06:28 CET 2011

Dear Sepp,

see http://p2pfoundation.net/Osiris

given the remark here below, perhaps worth presenting to our audience?

From: Paolo Brini <paolo.brini at iridiumpg.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Subject: [fcf_discussion] Re: Fwd: <nettime> Decentralizing the Internet So
Big Brother Can’t Find You
To: fcforum_discussion at list.fcforum.net

Yes, various groups around the world use Osiris to keep indestructible
"web sites" without servers and without the www.

I have been personally involved in spreading Osiris in various
communities. It is a project which was thought 5 years ago. The software
is a CMS simple to use, allows to create forum, blogs and other portals,
and is used with success since years ago by bittorrent communities and
activists in hostile environments. A portal created with Osiris is
almost indestructible, since it is duplicated in its entirety on all
nodes which share, in a p2p protocol, that portal.

After a long debate, the authors have decided that Osiris will be soon
released under GPL (it is closed source right now and this is
interpreted as a major fault).

Today Osiris has been cited by the 2nd most read italian newspaper (1st
online) and this could help its diffusion. People in Osiris are also in
the NeuMon (the most powerful Net Neutrality monitor I have ever seen -
Herdict is a tiny toy in comparison) project and are also the people who
invented a working system to make domain names seizures by USA
ICE/ICANN/VeriSign/Afilias ineffective (currently the system is up and
running with success on airvpn).

Ciao,
Paolo

-----