[P2P-F] please note hijacking of our address ...

Dennis E. Hamilton himself at orcmid.com
Sat Feb 19 21:27:27 CET 2011

In this particular case, it appears that someone is squatting on http://foundation.net, a common practice, and the site is set up so that all URLs of form http://*.foundation.net bring up the same material rather than any sort of error page.  There's probably not even a foundation.net site, but a shared IP address that is the target of a flock of URLs for the domains being squatted on.

The malicious ones could be set up to (1) attempt download of malware -- this could be one of those -- or (2) impersonate a similarly-named site in an effort to perpetrate an identity or account theft.  This is evidently not one of the latter and it appears to be an opportunistic sort of spam in the weeds of the web.

 - Dennis