[P2P-F] Debt, Human Rights and Nature

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 20:30:30 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com> wrote:

> So governments had the authority to issue currency for themselves,
> but then gave it away to private corporations?

As far as I can tell, the private corporations are the government.
(In the same sense that feudal landlords, optimates, etc., were the
government under previous dispensations).

> How funny.
>
> I wonder why they did this.  It must be for the best, right?
>
> I've heard people say "It is to control inflation" as though those
> private corporations have more self-control than governments.
>
> If this logic is true, does that mean all the P2P currencies are
> fundamentally flawed?

Sure.  And if high fructose corn syrup and rubber tomatoes are good
for you, people like Michael Pollan and Frances Moore Lappe are
fundamentally flawed.  But that's not the way I'd bet.

> If this logic is false, does that mean our governments and the
> corporations that operate those governments are lying to us?

You just won a cigar!

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism