[P2P-F] Traditional Indigenous Knowledge listed as Intangible Cultural Heritage, in the Colombian Amazon

carolina botero carobotero at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 10:46:48 CET 2011

Hi Michel,
I have my opinion (bad) on the juridical concept behind "cultural heritage"
because I do not think it manages to fully cover the idea behind it in
communities such as the indigenous communities. However, it is today the
only feasible way to seek "protection", visibility and acknowledgement from
the society, so more and more we will see this kind of lists increasing.
Hopefully this will work to at least stop the indiscriminate explotaition
that some do of their cultural production.
Thanks for pointing this out
Carolina

--
http://www.karisma.org.co/carobotero