[P2P-F] P2P Foundation art gallery in second life ??

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Sun Feb 13 06:36:51 CET 2011

It stands for the Pixel to Pixel Foundation.  From the welcome area:

"MISSION:

"The Pixel to Pixel Foundation was established in 2009 to assist people on disability by granting modest, weekly Linden-dollar stipends to improve their Second Life experience."

There is a nice Albert Schweitzer quotation there too:

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being.  Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."

I just donated L$500.

(I am a Second Life hobo and receive a small stipend each week that I am on-line.)

I spoke to one of the regulars there and she was unaware of the use of P2P as an abbreviation for Peer-to-Peer.   I think the Pixel-to-Pixel is quite clever.

 - Dennis