[P2P-F] Re(PlanetMath, Metacommons, Cooling, Projects): [Commoning] new capitalism and commoning

Andreas Exner andreas.exner at chello.at
Wed Feb 9 09:05:42 CET 2011

...for some reason, my posting did not get through. Here again:
 * * *
Hi Michel

That's what Joe Corneli wrote to me right now:

"PS.  Incidentally, as it turns out I did recently exchange
some emails with Michel Bauwens, the founder of the
Foundation for Peer-to-Peer Alternatives, where your wiki
page is hosted.  A few comments from him are in the blog
for my Open Governance and Learning P2PU course,
http://open-governance-and-learning.posterous.com/."

So you know PlanetMath already :).

Here's the link to two papers I found quite interesting.

Joe wrote:

"* I did most of the drafting for this:
http://wiki.planetmath.org/AsteroidMeta/metacommons_manifesto
* I also wrote: http://metameso.org/~joe/docs/metacommons-survey.pdf"

Joe has modified the thoughts expressed there and now
is heading more in a direction that seems to overlap with
an understanding of demonetized metacommons that I
would promote.

Concerning the "temperature" of the list, I would suggest
cooling.

Concerning further "projects", I would find it useful to think
about some kind of old-style hardcopy publication of the
kind of debates here. Just in case the internet breaks down
due to Peak Oil *g*

I was wondering since the impressive
Crottorf-Meeting which gave rise to this list (indirectly), if
it would be interesting for a broader audience beyond
cyberspace to listen to the sort of arguments exchanged here.

best to all, Andreas