[P2P-F] [GiftEconomy] the debt-virus : "every paid back loan must be replaced by two new loans"

TheEndofMoney at gmail.com TheEndofMoney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 18:04:38 CET 2011

Under the current system, when lending decreases the economy slows. Isn't
that one of the problems of today's global "recession" ?

Another problem with interest is that if it is allowed to grow
uninterrupted, it outstrips all other resources. Dr. Margrit Kennedy,
author of Interest and Inflation-free money" says that a penny invested at
the time of the birth of Christ and getting five percent annually through
the year two thousand would be a sum equal to six gold balls, each the size
of the earth. But there is disruption in mounting interest, she notes, by
the periodic destruction of value, typically in wars.

Capitalism has always sought to force open markets, with physical force eg
Admiral Peary sailing into Tokyo Harbor to wage war on Japan in the 19th
Century, through to more subtle force eg all the modern free-trade
agreements.