[P2P-F] Fwd: February Issue of OSBR Available

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:32:42 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris McPhee <chris.mcphee at osbr.ca>
Date: Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Subject: February Issue of OSBR Available
To: Chris McPhee <chris.mcphee at osbr.ca>

Dear Readers,

The editorial theme for the February 2011 issue of the OSBR is Recent
Research and it is now available at osbr.ca. In this issue, we have the
following articles:

Carlo Daffara, head of research at Conecta, describes the factors to
consider when selecting a license to suit both business objectives and
licensing constraints.

Monique Bardawil from Carleton University's Technology Innovation
Management program outlines her recent research to identify key players in
the mashup ecosystem, where businesses must develop appropriate strategies
based on an accurate understanding of the structure of the ecosytem and the
role of its key players.

Amanda Shiga, CMS Practice Lead at non~linear creations, presents her
research into the competitive actions taken by API providers in the mashup
ecosystem.

Islam Balbaa, Technical Business Analyst at Kinaxis, describes his recent
research into the fit between software-as-a-service products and the
requirements of particular business units.

Chulaka Ailapperuma, Senthilkumar Mukunda, and Shruti Satsangi from
Carleton University's Technology Innovation Management program illustrate
how social network analysis can be used to study online communities,
including free/libre open source software developer teams.

The editorial theme for the upcoming March issue is Co-creation. We have
invited authors from the Research Forum to Understand Business in Knowledge
Society to contribute to this special issue. The Guest Editors will be
Stoyan Tanev from the University of Southern Denmark and Marko Seppä from
the University of Jyväskylä.

For subsequent issues, we welcome general submissions on the topic of open
source business or the growth of early-stage technology companies. Please
contact me (chris.mcphee at osbr.ca) if you are interested in submitting an
article.

Kind regards,

Chris McPhee
Editor, Open Source Business Resource
http://www.osbr.ca

If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from the OSBR, please
send your request by email and I will unsubscribe you.
Open Source Business Resource
http://www.osbr.ca/ojs/index.php/osbr