[P2P-F] Fw: PCI Messenger - Looking back, Looking forward

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 10:28:10 CET 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Post Carbon Institute <newsletter at postcarbon.org>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Friday, 30 December 2011, 0:06
Subject: PCI Messenger - Looking back, Looking forward

  Donate to Post Carbon  Read longer version newsletter online

________________________________

________________________________

           contents

   1. the oil journey
   2. latest publications
   3. the end of growth
   4. energy bulletin picks
   5. transition us update
What a year it's been: revolutions, protests, financial crises, high oil prices, a tsunami, massive floods, record droughts,...and all the many personal stories behind these headline events. PCI readers know that we're experiencing the effects of overshoot on a finite planet. But the mainstream narrative is still focused on a return to economic growth at any and all costs—literally. Our work is therefore more urgent than ever.Together, with your support, we've punched above our weight in 2011, and we want to do even more in 2012. The first item on the agenda is our new customizable presentation—You Are Here: The Oil Journey— that you can deliver in your community. Following shortly will be the release of Michael Shuman's new book Local Dollars, Local Sense: How to Shift Your Money from Wall Street to Main Street and Achieve Real Prosperity, just the first in a series of Community Resilience Guides. There's so much more, and we need your support. If
 you haven't done so already, and can pitch in with a contribution, pleasedonate here.Thanks again for your help this year in spreading the word, and giving us feedback and ideas. Our very best wishes to you and yours for the holidays.From all of us at Post Carbon Institute.
READ A LONGER VERSION OF THIS NEWSLETTER ONLINE

________________________________

you are here: the oil journey
Thanks to your support, we have just completed "You Are Here: The Oil Journey." This is a customizable presentation *you* can use to tell your own journey and to invite new people to join the larger conversation.

This animated slide show delivers PCI's core message honestly, but in a compassionate way that...well, just watch it and see for yourself.

The recording presented above features the mellifluous voice of the legendary actor, author, screenwriter and narrator Peter Coyote. The video is intended as a model upon which you can base your own real-world presentations of the Oil Journey deck. Please feel free to share it with your friends and peers.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PRESENT THE OIL JOURNEY IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
We'd love you to join our team of presenters. Contact us and we'll email you information about our coming Presenter Trainings.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT THIS PRESENTATION & PCI?
We'd love to have your support. In fact, we depend upon it. Donate now and we'll keep products like these coming! Back to top

latest publications
Read, watch or listen to the latest content by our Fellows, Board, Advisers and Staff anytime on our website. Here are some selections from the last month:
 Buying Local Yields More Jobs, Stronger Communities