[P2P-F] 3 days to go ... important announcement on bauwens participation in mailing list and p2p curation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Dec 28 13:11:36 CET 2011

Dear friends,

an important announcement, in 3 days, I will provisionally retire from the
p2p-f mailing list.

Material conditions make it impossible for me to continue 'curation as
usual', as well as efforts in broader community building and dialogue. From
January to April, I will be working intensively on a very demanding
privately-funded research project, then I have a late spring lecture tour,
and will likely spend 6 weeks in brazil, mid-may to the end of June.

Curation will be sharply curtailed but I will continue tagging as a normal
activity, undertaken for the research project. Depending on available time,
I will continue, on a much lighter regime, Facebook and Scoop.it. Twitter
will continue to alert new blog and wiki items, as an automatic feature.

The blog will continue and I have devised a system with Franco, see
http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Planning_Resources, but I will at most be
able to spend half a day a week on it, so input from the community will be
essential. I will aim for one personal editorial a week.

Feel free to suggest items for the following permanent rubrics:

(bear in mind we may not be able to publish as intensely as the plan below
suggests)

Published on alternative days

   1. P2P Blog Movement of the
Day<http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Movement_of_the_Day>‎

   2. P2P Blog Person of the
Day<http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Person_of_the_Day>‎‎

   1. P2P Blog Essay of the
Day<http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Essay_of_the_Day>
   2. P2P Blog Book of the
Day<http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Book_of_the_Day>

Published every day:

   1. P2P Blog Video of the
Day‎‎<http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Video_of_the_Day>
   2. P2P Blog News of the
Day<http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_News_of_the_Day>

Important,* I will not read the mailing list for at least 4 months starting
January 1, so if you want me to see something, it's important to cc.*