[P2P-F] Analytical marxism, John Roemer and equality of opportunity

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Dec 26 12:58:19 CET 2011

hi Apostolis,

my impression is that the last 20 years, if not more, of critical economic
(and philosophical) thinking have been to undermine rational choice theory
in all sorts of ways ...  and I personally don't know anybody that acts
purely rationally, (and if he/she did, I would see it as a sign of
pathology), if that is taken as the essence of rational theory; in my view,
it strips human agency of all kinds of crucial embeddeness in structures
and relations.