[P2P-F] Corporate and Government Censorship - Criminalization of Internet Usage ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 13:14:26 CET 2011

"The Internet ( freedom of speech ) is Lost" ? - Act Now ! Sign the
Petition !

see video :

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/

The video above discusses the Senate version of the *PROTECT IP
Act<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s968/show>
*, but the House bill that was introduced TODAY is much much worse.

It'll give the government new powers to block Americans' access websites
that corporations don't like. The bill would criminalize posting all sorts
of standard web content -- music playing in the background of videos,
footage of people dancing, kids playing video games, and posting video of
people playing cover songs.

This legislation will stifle free speech and innovation, and even threaten
popular web services like Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.

The bill was just introduced: We need to act now to let our lawmakers know
just how terrible it is. Will you fill out the form above to ask your
lawmakers to oppose the legislation?

it goes in the same direction as other measures passing
institutions across the world now :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Counterfeiting_Trade_Agreement

video on ACTA : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citzRjwk-sQ

More:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/12/internet-inventors-warn-against
-sopa-and-pipa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

"Opponents say that it infringes on First Amendment rights, is Internet
censorship,[6] will cripple the Internet,[7] and will threaten
whistle-blowing and other free speech."

and a more animated version based on a movie scene meme :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvXo4sGB7zM